|9 days riding / 12 days vacation||Dates in 2018 season||27 June - 10 July||22 August - 02 September||Dates in 2019 season||Not decided yet||Riding hours: 3 to 8||Tour Grading: Advanced||Total distance: 2400 km||Average km per Day: 260 km||Nearest airport: Sibiu||Start/Finish: Sibiu||Rest Day: 1 rest day||Riding Days: 9||Highlights / Details||• Best of Romania.||• Best selection of roads, scenery, culture and cuisine.||• Ride through the most famous Romanian high mountain passes.||• Sighisoara Citadel – World Heritage Site.||• World famous Painted Monasteries of Bucovina.||• Feel in love with Bucovina’s dishes and wines.||• Dracula’s Castle and Peles Castle.||• Amazing Danube Delta.||• Fishing and exploring Danube Delta boat trip in the rest day.||• Fresh cached Danube fish meals.||• Bucharest – the capital of Romania.||• The riders paradise: Transfagarasan and Transalpina Roads.||• Explore the entire Romanian culture.||• Sibiu – the hearth of Transylvania.|
|Included services||• Experienced multilingual Guide on motorcycle.||• Fuel for rented motorcycles.||• BMW Mechanic on spot.||• Back up motorcycle.||• Wi-Fi during the entire trip.||• Comprehensive vehicle insurance for motorcycles.||• Third party liability insurance for motorcycles.||• Support van for luggage transportation and space for passengers during the entire tour.||• 3-5 stars hotel accommodation in double bedded room (11 nights).||• All accommodations with breakfast.||• All lunches (non alcoholic drinks).||• 6 dinners (non alcoholic drinks).||• Entry fees.||• Boat and fishing trip.||• Official GS Explorer Transylvania riders pack.||• Airport transfer (Sibiu Airport).||Services not included||• All services not mentioned as included.||• Single room occupancy.||• Airplane tickets.|
• You’ll admire the landscape, the traditional houses and the romantic Saxon villages, with their fortified churches.
• Sighisoara Citadel - stands as Europe’s most beautiful and still inhabited fortified citadel, UNESCO European heritage site. The medieval fortified citadel of Sighisoara is also the birthplace of Price Vlad the Impaler also known as Count Dracula!
• Bicaz Gorges - placed in the Eastern Carpathians on the Bicaz River, are making the connection between Transylvania and Moldavia. The road that slices through the Bicaz Gorges (Cheile Bicazului), is among Romania's most spectacular.
• Moldavian Monasteries - UNESCO World Heritage Sites, these architectural jewelries have both religious and an historical value.
• Brasov Saxon Medieval City - a city with an outstanding medieval atmosphere. Three quarters of city are surrounded by mountains, and it is one of the best-preserved medieval cities in Europe.
• Bran Castle - also known as Dracula’s Castle, the medieval fortress dating back to 1377.
• Peles Castle - one of the best-preserved and beautiful royal residences in Europe. The castle served as the retreat residence for most of Romania’s monarchs.
• Danube Delta - represents the last European sanctuary for birds, fish, animals and plants. Europe’s still growing delta is considered to be the largest and most compact reed bed area on the planet, sheltering spectacular wildlife highlights.
• The Danube Delta is the largest and the best-preserved deltas in the Europe – World UNESCO Heritage Biosphere Reservation.
• Boat and fishing trip in the rest day.
• Bucharest city tour – to find out why the Romanian capital was once surnamed “the little Paris”.
• Cathedral Curtea de Arges - Masterpiece of the Romanian medieval architecture, made famous by the myth of creation described in the immortal ballad of master Manole - orthodox Church was built between 1512-1517.
• Transfagarasan Famous Pass – Is according to Top Gear:” The most beautiful road in the world”.
• Balea Lake – A glacier lake inside the mountains at 2034 m altitude.
• Transalpina Famous Pass – The highest and longest Pass in Romania perfect for motorcycle riding!
• The Sureanu Mountains - a massive water castle, a metaphor to describe the numerous underground and surface bodies of water crisscrossing the mountain. Among the surface ones, two are most worthy of note: the natural Sureanu lake and the man-made Oasa Reservoir.
• Food and drinks - best selection of Romanian dishes from each region, not to mention the incredible low costs of the drinks.
• Old City of Sibiu – An historical city designated in 2007 the “European Capital of Culture“.
• The Village Museum – One of the most beautiful museums in Romania.
- Day 1 Arrival in Sibiu
- Day 2 Sibiu - Biertan -Sighisoara - Sovata
- Day 3 Sovata - Cheile Bicazului - Piatra Neamt
- Day 4 Piatra Neamt - Painted Monasteries - Miercurea Ciuc
- Day 5 Miercurea Ciuc - Brasov - Dracula's Castle - Sinaia
- Day 6 Sinaia - Danube Delta
- Day 7 Rest day in Danube Delta
- Day 8 Danube Delta - Bucharest
- Day 9 Bucharest - Targoviste - Curtea de Arges
- Day 10 Curtea de Arges - Transfagarasan - Sibiu
- Day 11 Sibiu - Transalpina - Sibiu
- Day 12 Departure from Sibiu