Albania - riding on goat tracks
|12 days riding / 14 days vacation||Dates in 2020 season||16 October - 28 October||Dates in 2021 season||Not decided yet||Riding hours: 4 to 10||Tour Grading: Advanced||Total distance: 2700 km||Average km per Day: 230 km||Nearest airport: Sibiu||Start/Finish: Sibiu||Rest Day: one rest day||Riding Days: 12||Highlights / Details||• Best of Albania.||• Villages untouched by modern life.||• Best small roads, tracks, sightseeing of mountains.||• Famous Transalpina Road in Romania.||• Uvac Canyon in Serbia.||• Strong touch of Albanian traditions and cuisine.||• Selection of "dangerous roads" Albania.||• Meet the real, unspoiled history of the land.|
|Included services||• Experienced multilingual Guide on motorcycle.||• Fuel for rented motorcycles.||• BMW Mechanic on spot.||• Back up motorcycle for rent.||• Wi-Fi during the entire trip.||• Third party liability insurance for rented motorcycles.||• Support van for luggage transportation and space for passengers during the entire tour.||• Hotel accommodation in double bedded room (14 nights).||• All accommodations with breakfast.||• All lunches (packed lunch on some riding days).||• All dinners (non alcoholic drinks).||• Official GS Explorer Transylvania riders pack.||• Airport transfer (Sibiu Airport).||Services not included||• All services not mentioned as included.||• Single room occupancy.||• Airplane tickets.|
• Old City of Sibiu – An historical city designated in 2007 the “European Capital of Culture“.
• Transalpina Famous Pass – The highest and longest Pass in Romania perfect for motorcycle riding!
• The Sureanu Mountains - a massive water castle, a metaphor to describe the numerous underground and surface bodies of water crisscrossing the mountain. Among the surface ones, two are most worthy of note: the natural Sureanu lake and the man-made Oasa Reservoir.
• Food and drinks - best selection of Romanian & Albanian dishes from each region.
• UVAC Special Natural Reserve in Serbia
• Experiencing some of Albania's best scenery on the wonderful riding between the isolated mountain villages.
• Berat - exploring this Unesco World Heritage–listed museum town, known as the 'city of a thousand windows'.
• Albanian Riviera - catching some sun at just one of the many gorgeous beaches on the Albanian Riviera.
• Tirana - feasting your eyes on the wild colour schemes and experiencing Blloku cafe culture in the plucky Albanian capital.
• Girokastra - taking a trip to this traditional Albanian mountain town, with its spectacular Ottoman-era mansions and impressive hilltop fortress.
• The Ohrid-Prespa Transboundary Biosphere Reserve
- Day 1 Arrival in Sibiu (Romania)
- Day 2 Sibiu – Uzice (Serbia)
- Day 3 Uzice – Uvac Canyon - Qafe Perdolec (Albania)
- Day 4 Qafe Perdolec – Mjede
- Day 5 Mjede – Reps
- Day 6 Reps – Peskopi
- Day 7 Peskopi – Tirana
- Day 8 Tirana – Corcea
- Day 9 Corcea – Vlora
- Day 10 Vlora – Sarande
- Day 11 Sarande (Rest Day)
- Day 12 Sarande – Berat - Ohrid (North Macedonia)
- Day 13 Ohrid – Pristina (Kosovo)
- Day 14 Pristina – Sibiu (Romania)
- Day 15 Departure from Sibiu